Saturday, November 22, 2008

Chicago has big buildings

Paul's younger brother, Steven (aka:Noodles) is going to school in Champaign, Ill. He wanted us to go to his school's big rivalry football game and Paul and I thought it would be a great opportunity for us to go see the great city of Chicago. It was such a fun trip. Thanks to our families for taking care of Franny while we were gone.

Navy Pier

Sears tower on the architectural boat tour

We thought it was interesting/cool that the city had put up congratulatory banners for Obama.

Paul didn't understand why I "wanted a picture of me looking at a picture" but seeing this painting in real life was pretty amazing for me.

Millennium Park = Bizarre!

Cloud Gate ... aka:"Silver Bean"

Crap! I didn't get the whole thing in the picture!


Illinois vs. Ohio. Probably the coldest I've ever been.

Hunting season?

Game day shirts



Here's a little snippet of Fran doing her booty shake. I don't think this would be appropriate in primary, but we'll allow it in Grandma's basement.

8 comments:

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Cute little bum dance!!! i DIDN'T KNOW you went to Chicago! How fun (and cold.)

Gabriel and Amber Spencer said...

Love these pics. That painting at the museum took my breath away when I saw it, too. Love Chigaco, cold, but cool.

Lindsay said...

Those pictures are awesome! Chicago looks like such a cool city.
Oh, and I love that painting too! :)
Franny's booty shake is hilarious...what a cutie!

Christina said...

Looks like she is quite the dancer! Chicago is great... so much to do.

Abbigail said...

I am glad you guys had fun. WE were thinking of you during the game and wondered if you were going to get snow!
I love Chicago, looks like you had fun. I love Millenium Park too.

Nells-Bells said...

always have wanted to visit chicago. looks like you two had so much fun! way jealous. how was your thanksgiving?

Amber and Zach said...

So Jealous! looks like you guys had a blast!

Nicole said...

Amelia, I totally understand why you wanted to take a picture with the painting! I also love that painting. Also, Franny is so darn cute! Can't wait to see her dancing around the Christmas tree. Tell her she has to do the booty shake though!