Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Julia's New Baby

As most of you know, Julia, my younger sister had a baby boy 2 1/2 weeks ago. She and the baby were sick right after the birth with an infection called coreo amniitis. I know that's not how it's spelled, but basically Julia's water broke and the nurse sent her home because she didn't think it had broken. Her amneotic sack was compromised and infection ensued. The baby was so sick and lethargic when he came out and Julia was really sick for a while too. Little Micah was in the NICU for 10 days on an antibiotic and has been home now for just over a week. They're both doing great now, but the moral of the story is...if you think your water has broken...DON'T LET THEM SEND YOU HOME!


Mom and Dad right before the birth after a LONG week of labor. That wasn't a typo. She was in labor from Tuesday until Saturday. They fianlly admitted her when her contractions were 3 minutes apart and she was dialated to a 5. She is now the toughest girl I know.

Pep-talks from sisters

Moral support

What? You didn't have a cheering section at your birth?? Weird. look at Leah's and my mom's faces.
Sweet little Jules Micah Cano. Born Saturday, March 21st at around 9:30 pm.

Courtney meeting his little boy for the first time.

Finally, Julia's turn to meet little Micah.

9 comments:

Christina said...

Holy Cow! What a champ! The photo of the cheering section cracks me up! I love how open ya'll are. I have never a seen a family with so many gorgeous (and obviously supportive) girls.

Amy and David said...

YAY... I have been waiting for someone to post some pics! Micah is so cute!

Shelby said...

I'm so mad at that dumb nurse right now!!! Is she covering their medical bills? Lame. Glad everything worked out and I love the Spencer family deliveries. They crack me up. We need to come to Logan again. But now where would we stay?? :(

Lindsay said...

That is so crazy Amelia! I am so glad they are both doing o.k. now. He is a beautiful baby!
I love the picture of the Spencer cheering section too. Your family is awesome, I can tell. :)

Amy B said...

ARe you kidding- sent her home!!!! terrible!

idon'tremembereatingcorn said...

oh my goodness..a week .. I am in shock.. poor things . tell julia she is amazing.

idon'tremembereatingcorn said...

that comment was from rowena above

Nells-Bells said...

i love the cheering section. haha! awesome. congrats to julia! i'm glad her and baby are doing better. :)

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Labor for a week! No wonder why she was in such pain when I saw her. I'd be a little ticked if I was her. Water breaking and THEN being sent home!

Your family cracks me up with the cheering section. Cute baby!!!